Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at The Quinns

Christmas has blessed me in so many ways! To start my two week reunion with Mike's side of the family, I got to spend the holiday with Mike's aunts, uncles, and cousins at The Quinn's house. We shared stories, opened presents, and even watched clips from our wedding video. 

On Christmas Eve, Mike and I went to children's mass with his brother, sister and parents. It's much easier to attend rather than midnight mass (I'm lucky if I ever stay up that late anymore!) After church, Mike, Steve, Liz and I had a gingerbread house competition. Mike's parents judged them when we were done and Steve and I tied for first place : ) Then his parents read "Animal's First Christmas" and "The Night Before Christmas" to us kids while sitting in front of the fire. I know it may sound  a bit corny, but it was wonderful to reminisce with childish Christmas traditions. I found that as I've grown older, I sometimes forget the important things and tend to concern myself with meaningless worries. This Christmas was a reminder to me of how I used to feel as a child and how important it was to be surrounded by loved ones. 

Santa and the family gave me wonderful presents to open Christmas day. Some of my favorites were a digital picture frame, a flip video camera and all kinds of kitchen aid utensils/pots and pans! I was so spoiled! 

The day after, we all hopped into our car and drove to Myrtle Beach for three days. Mike's Aunt owns a condo there and we stayed right on the water. Below is a video clip of our view of the ocean. 
Now we're settled back in Fayetteville for the remainder of our break. Mike has something special planned for New Years so I'll keep everyone posted!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas together with your loved ones! 

3 comments:

Rae said...

Christmas when you have kids gets even more fun, so I absolutely know what you mean when you say that it's fun and good to remember what Christmas was like when we were children. It makes it easy to retain that magic!

That beach looks wonderful, by the way. I'm a tad jealous!

Merry (late) Christmas!

Joshua said...

This is great Bridget! It seems no matter how old I get, Christmas still means the same thing - being with family and the ones you loved. Enjoy the rest of your break!

Emily said...

your Christmas by the fire sounded so wonderful and cozy! i'm glad you had a nice time. enjoy your new year's!