Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Working in retail SUCKS

Basically my title sums up my entire blog but I'll rant anyway...

I took a position working at the Lord & Taylor department store over the holidays. I was hired to only work for two weeks but I can barely make it through my first week and (gasp) I want to quit! I mean, I can totally suck it up through next week BUT the problem is that this job is interfering with my vacation! I already had to cancel on two friends whom I made plans with before I was hired for the position and now I want to make plans with other friends but am being held back by this job. I only took this position at the advice of my oh so sweet husband saying that I should take it just to keep busy but heck! Now I'm skipping out on peeps that I want to see and that's just not fair! Oh well, I will sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning. I hate to put people out. But this job has NOTHING to do with what I went to school for so I shouldn't feel obligated to stay there.

On another note, on my day off, I made (and ate) plenty of Christmas cookies for our annual CINY (Christmas in New York) gathering coming up this weekend. I am so excited for it and will be sure to take lots of pictures to load on this here blog. Happy Christmas festivities everyone!

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Quit the job and enjoy your friends!

Becky said...

Oh bridgey poo. Just one more week. Just think you can buy Mike a nice gift with the money you'll be earning...then you won't feel so bad about using "his" money. Why haven't you called me back?

POOP POOP POOP!!!

Emily said...

you're right...i hated retail, too. i'm so sorry i didn't text you back the other day...don't hate me! i totally forgot. i'm sorry :( are you going to quit or stick it out?

Becky said...

I can't believe you quit! PS You and Emily need to hang out while you're still in NJ...so I can be jealous! I want you to see her beautiful girls and talk and laugh! :(