Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Mike took me on our first mini-honeymoon in downtown Fayetteville. We stayed at the Hilton and ate at a nice restaurant called Pierro's Italian Bistro. We kept it low key by having a drink with dinner and another at the hotel bar. It was exactly how I wanted to spend my new years...although Molly said we were huge nerds cause we didn't go out! 

Trust me, I've had my share of fun outings for the new year--Celebrating the millennium in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, ringing in 2004 and 2006 at Times Square in NYC, and partying in the year 2007 at Wild Bill's in Atlanta. Here's a group of us at Wild Bill's close to Becky and Casey's one year anniversary. 


Now I'm sitting with Mike while watching Clemson play against Nebraska at the Gator Bowl. I enjoy watching Clemson play...although I'll admit I'm not a huge football fan. Plus, when the Tigers start playing bad, that's when Mike starts to get in a bad mood. I am on pins and needles hoping that they play well, otherwise my day won't be so fun : ( 



4 comments:

Rae said...

I am all for a low-key New Year! :)

Becky said...

poor Tigers....I had so much fun that New Year's!

Joshua said...

I guess Mike ended up in a bad mood - it was a bad game anyways! Happy New Year!

Kirby said...

Happy New Year!! I just got your comment on my blog, that´s right it is like five in the morning and I cannot sleep.. gotta love jetlag! Anyway, love you. Keep in touch!