Friday, April 3, 2009

What to do when its raining...

1. Sit on the couch with warm peanut butter and banana toast and a happy cup of hot tea
2. Browse through mom's digital cable
3. Goof around on the internet
4. Anxiously await for talk shows to commence
5. Look at the list of to do's for the day
6. Think about that list
7. Get up and continue to think about list
8. Think about that 6 mile run that is supposed to happen today
9. Decide its too cold and snuggle back under the blankets on the couch
10. Browse through mom's digital cable

I've made it to #3 so far...

2 comments:

Lynne Baker said...

Dearest Woo,

Your last two entries really touched me. Your mother is indeed an amazing woman and what an example she has always been to all of us. I remember when MB was a baby, your mom was a hospice volunteer and just trundled Molly along with her. Can you imagine how that lifted the spirits of her patients?

I am foremost among those who are telling you to "relax and enjoy" this respite; it will end soon enough - and probably until you are my age when you can retire and begin to enjoy life again in a more relaxed way.

Look at those dates to come to CA -anytime after Easter is great with us. And the sooner the better!!

Love and blessings,

Auntie M

Rae said...

I love it. That's pretty much what my day looks like, provided it's a down day. :) It sounds nice, actually....