Monday, April 6, 2009

April showers bring May flowers!

And the rain continues! But you know what? It is so nice to look at your window and to see the green grass and cherry blossoms budding from the trees. Last Friday, when I entered my last post, I actually got motivated to get off of the couch and go for that dreaded 6 miler. When I got outside and got into my running groove, I was actually having a lot of fun...that is until the worst thunderstorm of the century opened up and I was right in the middle of it! I've run my share of rainy days but oh my gosh, this storm was CRAZY. There were lighting bolts crashing around me and I couldn't see through the veil of hail/rain that was pattering on my face. I was pretty far from home and got so scared that I thought I'd knock on someone's door and ask them to let me in. But then I got scared that the door that I would knock on would belong to a psychopath so I basically just sprinted the rest of the way home...with five pounds of soaked clothes to add on to my journey.

Today was no different as the rain continued, except for that I finally have my sweet husband again! He's done with SERE school and is about 15 lbs lighter! He looks like he did our freshman year of college. It's been so nice having him with me again. He'll be on leave for the next two weeks before he heads off to Japan on the 23rd. I am anxious to hear what he'll say about our new home. In the meantime, Mike and I have some activities scheduled like going to the Flyers hockey game tomorrow and the Phillies vs. the Braves baseball game on Wednesday. He also has to have that coveted Philly cheesesteak while he's here. (I hear they're pretty good...I wouldn't know from personal experience!) Then we're going to go to NYC on Thursday and Friday so that Mike can see central park for the first time and stay the night at the infamous shoe box that we call Molly and Ben's apartment. To end the week, Molly is creating a feastive Easter brunch on Saturday where Ben's family and our family will eat to our hearts content.

Well, I'm off to go make Easter decorations using an idea that I saw from Martha Stewart!

2 comments:

Rae said...

Oh, I just love you! :) I can imagine you running scared in the run, but only because I've found myself doing the same now and then. How soon after Mike do YOU get to go to Japan? How much of a time lapse there?

Joshua said...

Martha Stewart??? I love her! I hope you enjoyed your day. Give me a call if you get a chance - I would love to chat before you leave.