Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Two weeks to go!

So I've got two weeks to get everything set, organized, finalized, whatever you want to call it. You know, when Mike and I first got engaged, I was SO enthusiastic about it. I bought magazines, watched "Whose Wedding is it Anyway?" and took on every task that needed to be completed. Now that there are only two weeks to go to our wedding, I'm totally spent. I'm tired, I feel overwhelmed and I'm so worried that things aren't going to work out like I hope they will.

One problem while planning the wedding is that our reception hall is under construction at the moment. I had originally rented out the entire facility where we could use both the upstairs and the down stairs. However, while taking a walk in Haddonfield, I stopped by our venue and took a look in the windows. To my surprise, the entire first floor ceiling had caved in unexpectedly. I got a call from the Women's Club of Haddonfield (they own the building) and they told me that there was some freak accident, probably because the building is so old. They had planned on doing some renovations during the month of July so it was a good thing that they didn't book any weddings during that time. Flash forward to two weeks before the wedding and the ceiling still isn't done. Once the insurance was able to cover the costs of the repair, the workers found additional things that needed to be fixed. Because the building is historic, papers have to filed with the Borough Hall of Haddonfield before construction can begin. The reason I'm not freaking out is because the second floor of the building is totally fine. It's actually much larger than the first floor so we will be able to fit tables and a dance floor quite comfortably. It's just a lot of stress anyway.

Yesterday, my mom ran a lot of wedding errands with me and it was so fun to spend some time with her. I get sad when I stop and think that I'm going to be moving from home in two weeks time. She has been just amazing and she keeps having to put Molly and I back together. Mol's stressed too cause she's got a wedding in about six months to plan for!

So now I've done some things to get ready for the wedding but I still have LOTS to do. Combined with organizing my things for my move to New Mexico, it's a lot to deal with but I'm surviving!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck with the last two weeks! I know you must be stressed...it'll all work out! You'll be such a lovely bride!

Becky said...

I MISS MY BRIDGEY POO!! I wish that I could be there to help you! UH!! I want to be there when you say "I do." You have know idea how sad I am!
We have to get together when you come out west so I can see pictures and hear all about it! :(

Kirby said...

Shut up! How did I not know you had a blog?! I am so excited to see you in one week!! I need to go over times and stuff with you so I will try and get ahold of you in the next few days. So exciting..!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. :)