Friday, October 10, 2008

One week left as a Buckie

Now there's only a week left, I am much more relaxed and starting to get excited about our wedding. Before I couldn't because I had so many worries and an overwhelming list of things to do but now that most of it is done, I can finally sit back and relax.

This week I feel quite ugly as I am letting my eyebrows, armpits, and "mmm hmm" grow out in amounts I didn't know I had. I was told that I could not wax until next Tuesday so I'm going to be furry over the weekend I guess. It's also strange cause usually I highlight my hair and now it's totally back to its natural color. Earlier in the summer I went in to see my stylist and made myself a cup of coffee and was sitting in the chair with my robe. When he came by and saw my hair, he actually REFUSED to dye it. He said brides are more gorgeous when they go natural and he promised he would chop of my hair and dye it blonde after the wedding. My next thought was, "What do I do with my coffeee?" He happily took my warm beverage away and I was left with the original mousey brown hair that I came in the salon with. In all honesty though, I'm glad I didn't highlight it because it is SO hard to get your natural color back. I shouldn't really dye it until the gray starts to come in. I've also wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love for over a year so I'm anxious to send in my ponytail! It's only a few more days, I can take it...

On another note, I got a job offer to be a reading tutor within the Albuquerque public school system. I'm very excited because the schedule is very flexible and I'll be able to do what I went to school for: Teach children how to read! This will probably be my last post before the wedding so I will have a lot to tell you the next time!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good luck and have fun! Being a new bride is so amazing! Justin and I will be praying for you guys.