Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Getting Settled

Being in ABQ with my HUSBAND (it's so fun to say that now!) is so much fun! We keep joking that I'm going to leave to go back to NJ but actually...I'm not. I'm here for good! Sometimes Mike gets this look on his face like he's not too excited about the fact that I totally control what he eats and watches on t.v. Hey, I compromise from time to time ; ) 

For the next few months, we will be staying in a hotel while Mike finishes up his training. It's an adjustment that's for sure. We go out to eat all the time because we don't have a kitchen. Our hotel room is like a small apartment actually...minus the stove and sink. I'm trying to get creative and make our room "wife" cute by adding fall decorations that don't cost much. Today, I made a little sign that said, "The Quinn's" and stuck it to the front door. I would have put a wreath but I don't know if we're allowed to. 

After celebrating Halloween with Mike on Friday, I'm flying to visit my friend Becky and her baby in Phoenix. It will be a short trip but there will be enough time to catch up with old friends and loved ones. My grandma and Kirby live there too! 

On a side note, I cut my hair super short and I love it! I had been growing my hair out for so long and I needed a change. One day I will post a few of the new do.

2 comments:

Becky said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to see you!!! You better call me tomorrow with the details!!

PS I got your text awhile back with you new "do". I love your hair...i didn't realize how long it was before!

Kirby said...

I'm so excited you are coming into town, and that you wrote on my blog because I could not remember the address...you are locked in now! Okay so I usually don't work Mondays so if that works for you that would be a good day for me to get together. Really I work Saturday morning and then not again until Tuesday night so just let me know what works for you. Also I gave your PB gift cards and I still have an un-cashed $30 check from your cousin that I wanted to just sign over to you...so yay you will get some more presents when you get here :)