Friday, September 12, 2008

Flight School Complete!

Today Mike got his wings and to be honest, there was a few moments when we both thought this would not happen! It was a perfect ceremony with only four guys in his class. My favorite part was during the pinning. I was secretly instructed to punch him right on top of his "Blood Wings" and it made a really loud noise in the auditorium. Everyone thought it was really funny. Mike also gave me my own wings to wear around a necklace. I honestly feel like I earned them after all he put me through!

So now we're done and on to our next journey...New Mexico! Mike has to be down there next week! They didn't give him anytime to relax after helicopter training. He'll be there for a month then I will join him after the wedding! Once I get there, we'll be there until March and then move to our next assignment at Yokota Air Base in Japan! We'll be there for three years! When we found out that was where we were going, I was really shocked. We knew it was a possibility, but neither of us thought it would be so soon. So needless to say, I needed a few days to really saturate the news and rethink my plan for our future.

A lot of things need to get done before going to Japan. I mean, we have to put stuff in storage knowing that we won't have it for three years. We both have to sell our cars because there's this emissions rule in Japan and it would be too expensive to ship and fix them to Japanese standards. We have to live on base and I'm trying to find out some things about Yokota housing but I really can't find anything. It's gonna be an adjustment, that's for sure! I've already gotten my application started to be a DoDDs teacher and just need to submit a copy of Mike's orders once my name gets put on them.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Oh my goodness, Bridget!! You're going to be a DoDDS teacher?! That is awesome! (Pardon my exclamation-point-riddled sentences.) I can't wait to hear more about you guys in Japan.