Monday, September 15, 2008

Change in plan...

Welp! Originally, I was supposed to get on a plane to fly back to NJ tomorrow. However, because the Air Force can be so darn unpredictable, Mike and I decided to change the plan bit. After Mike's assignment night, we found out that he needed to report to Kirtland Air Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico on September 23rd.  That gives him NO time at all to move! I mean basically he had two weeks. And lets keep in mind that we have to think about the foreign move to Japan on top of everything else.

So now our plan is for Mike to outprocess this week and we'll hop in his truck and drive to New Mexico over two or three days. I'm actually excited about this part because we'll be able to make some fun memories, stop at some cool landmarks, and take LOTS of pictures along the way. Once we get in New Mexico, I'm going to hang out there for five days before I have to head back to NJ to really finish up the wedding plans. 

I still need to go in to get my second dress fitting and finalize who's coming. I also need to make place cards, finish the programs, pay off the vendors, oh gosh the list goes on and if I mention it all it will just stress me out even more so I'm going to stop. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

you guys are going to japan?! thats awesome! what plane is he flying? how are your wedding plans going?

Rae said...

Kudos to you for planning your own wedding! A planner definitely would make it easier--I'm impressed.

Phill and I love road trips. We always seem to get closer on road trips and end up talking about all kinds of things that somehow got pushed to the back-burner or just didn't come up in our everyday routines. And we make a point of buying souvenirs. :)