Friday, May 8, 2009

Our First Home

As most of you know, for the past six months that we've been married, Mike and I have basically lived out of a suitcase. When we found out we were going to Japan, we did some research and learned that we could live in an apartment or a garden unit. The difference between the apartment and garden unit is that the apt. is in a ten story building and the garden unit is like a town house that has a front and backyard. Both of us really wanted a garden but everyone told us that it was highly unlikely that we'd get one since it's just the two of us. Welp, my husband pulled some strings and we were able to get our garden! I really don't know how he did it actually. 

Below is a video of our new home for the next three years. You guys are seeing it for the first time like me and let me tell you, I got very anxious watching this video. I'm anxious because I really can't wait to get over there but also, seeing all of those boxes...oh man. I am not looking forward to moving in a house full of chaos. I pride myself on being organized and I just want wait to get my hands on this house and make it feel like a home. And yes, there were parts where I cringed watching this video. There's no carpet, only linoleum throughout. Having a washer and dryer exposed in our kitchen like that...yikes! And those ugly brown doors and kitchen cabinets! Oh and the air units! Man, I could just go on and on about all of the little details of the house. But you know what? I am so grateful that we have one. When you don't have one for a while, being offered ANYTHING that closely resembles a place that you can call home will make you happy. I know Mike and I will be happy in this house and I hope you guys come and visit us...after it looks cute I mean! 


Here is the new House!

3 comments:

Rae said...

I know what you mean about not being thrilled by the details, but I also know how great it is to have a home!!! I'm excited for you.

kelsey said...

Hey girl!! I finally figured out how to check comments, HAHA!! so great to hear from you! Your blog is super cute! YAAAA, fun about Japan huh? I was hoping to get over there sometime this summer so I will definitely check with you beforehand. Im leave 15 June and i'll be there for a year THEN im going to Landstuhl, Germany, ahhhhh! what am i doing with my life?! haha.... : )

Lynne Baker said...

Dear Woo and TQB,

I LOVE your house! There is so much about it that is great - and I think having the washer/dryer in the kitchen is terrific. Everything looks so new and shiny. I especially love the shower in the master bedroom and the built-ins in the other upstairs bath. Very cool arrangement. Lots of storage throughout. I also like the glass in the door between the kitchen/dining room. And you might not like how the A/C units LOOK but you'll be super-grateful for them this summer, I'll bet!

I don't remember seeing the darling wicker bedroom set; where was that?

You are going to have such a wonderful time "playing house" and organizing and decorating. What an amazing chapter in your life!!

Love and many blessings on you both,

Auntie Lynne