Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bachelorette Weekend

This weekend, Molly and Ben came home for their bachelor/bachelorette parties. We kept Molly's day really low key and had a mom/daughter/sister weekend. In the morning, Molly and I went to get facials and our eyebrows (ok and lips too) waxed. Then the three of us went to the mall where Molly got a make-up trial at the Clinique counter. Let me just say that "Teresa" did a HORRIBLE job on Molly's eye make-up. I mean, every time I looked at Molly, I would crack up laughing. This lady went so crazy with the make-up that she made huge purple circles around the tops and yes, bottoms of her eyes. It looked like someone decked Molly in the face in each eye! Anyway, that experience wasn't extremely helpful but I think I get the idea of how I will do Molly's make-up...no purple circles! Then we went out for dinner at an Italian restaurant so that Molly and I could eat a fully carb-loaded dinner since we were running the Broad Street run the next day. When we left the restaurant, I noticed that my coach bag had a huge black stain all around the bottom. Turns out my aerosol sunscreen container burst inside my purse and completely ruined my $300 baby. I was devastated. I mean, I didn't cry or anything but I only had that purse for a year and a half...it was my first purchase when I got my first paycheck and it was a reward for getting into grad school. Anyway, boo-boo schmitty (that's what I named my purse) will be resting in a quite place until I can find a way to bring her back to life...or bury her for good. Then today, Molly and I got up extremely early and ran 10 miles in the rain through the entire length of Philly. For the first 7 miles, I was feeling pretty great. Then it was like I hit a wall and both of knees were just killing me. I have no idea why. They never bother me when I run on my own. I knew I would finish the race, it just made it that more uncomfortable for me towards the end. We finished at 1:29 which is pretty average. I was hoping to finish at 1:20 but like I said, the pain made me slow down a bit. Now I'm just recovering on the couch and planning out what I'm going to pack for my trip to California! I leave on Tuesday and will be there a week. I am so excited to see my family! 

1 comment:

Rae said...

I'm so sorry about your poor bag, although the name you gave it made me laugh out loud. :) And I'm sorry about your knees, but totally jealous of how fit you are!!