Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's starting to feel like fall

To start off the new month, I flew out to Phoenix visit my dear friends Becky and Casey and their little one Nolan. They are my first batch of friends that have a baby and they are wonderful parents! I was amazed with how at ease they both were with raising Nolan. I mean, I guess its a HUGE plus that Nolan is probably the easiest baby ever...but none the less, he's CUTE so even if he was bad, his cuteness would outweigh it! They invited me to Casey's squadron Halloween party where I dressed as a Geisha. I had a pretty cool costume but had a tough time trying to make my eyes look Japanese. I also visited my grandparents who live in Scottsdale and my good friend Kirby! I had seen her two weeks earlier because she was in my wedding but we had such a good time this summer that it was nice to see each other one last time before we both move overseas! 

It's nice to be back home with Mike in our clean little hotel room! He had the day off yesterday so we were finishing up all of the inprocessing that we needed to do on my end. While doing that, Mike found out that there's a strong possibility that they won't allow me to go to Japan with him because I have asthma! Can you believe that? Apparently the pollution is so high there that they avoid sending military families with any cases of asthma. I lived in New York and had no problems with it. It is only triggered when I do intense sports or if I'm around cats. There's no need to worry yet because we have to meet with the doctor who will give me the ok or not to go. My case is so mild so I really don't think that it will be an issue. BUT if it is, we will be going somewhere else...

I'll keep you posted! 

1 comment:

Kirby said...

What the heck?! The military and all their rules...yikes. Well I am not going to lie, I am kind of hoping you can't go and that you have to go somewhere in Europe closer to me. I know, I am a selfish friend. :) Keep me posted for sure.