Saturday, August 9, 2008

Where did July go?

Ok I know it's still the beginning of August but geez, I really must've been busy because I haven't added a post in a while. To be honest, my life has kind of been uneventful and I haven't really had anything to post!

I spent two weeks in Alabama and totally surprised Mike that I was coming. I suprised myself actually cause I was just goofing around on travelocity one day and found a really cheap ticket for that day. I couldn't get a hold of Mike cause he was at work for the day so I just basically went ahead and booked the flight and hopped on that afternoon. I called Mike for the next six hours (still at work) and finally got a hold of him at 8 that night when I was making a connection in Charlotte. He was surprised, especially when I told him that I charged his credit card...yeah ok I know it was bad.

Anyway, it was great to have two weeks with Mike. He and I so use to just visiting each other one weekend a month so it was great to not feel pressure to do as much as we had to in two days. When he was at work, I tried to keep busy with wedding planning and reading and work out videos. Yeah I still think they're cool, plus it was too hot to run outside so I had to do something. I even managed to pick up a stray dog and feed him cheese sticks. That was all I had! Oh, and I also got into the Twilight series books by Stephenie Meyer. Great books, about vampire and stuff but it's not as stupid as it sounds, really.

After the two weeks, I flew back to my mom's and my friend from WAY back in 9th grade through me the BEST bridal shower/luncheon. She and her mom made the best food and organized such a great party with tons of fun an games. It was so fun to have her around Philly this summer cause during the school year she lives out in Tempe, AZ with her husband while he's in law school. After the shower, I found out a few days later that Becky-poo had baby Nolan. He's SO cute from the pictures I saw. I really want to go out and visit them.

This past week I've been recovering from a really bad cold. Combined with asthma and the fact that I'm allergic to cats forced me to have an attack which wasn't fun. I'm pretty much recovered now and I guess can't use the "I don't have to work out cause I'm sick" excuse.

So now, I'm keeping myself busy with visits to our church. I'm also addressing invites, typing out our program, and selecting songs to be performed at our ceremony. AND my sister is getting married in May so I'm already doing stuff with her too! Tomorrow I'm going to visit my sister and Bronwen in Brooklyn and probably stay the night. I've got nothing else to do I'm such a bum. Ok, long post again.

No comments: