Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weird dreams


I don't know about you guys but lately, I've been having some weird dreams. And when I mean weird, I mean WEIRD. I think it has to do with wedding planning, don't tell me why. I mean, one of the dreams I had was about me having a hole in my front tooth that didn't appear until the day of my wedding. Everyone kept saying that it wasn't too bad but that I should be sure to NOT smile for any pictures. What I want to know is how does a hole just appear in your front tooth like that?

So far, I've had a great summer but I feel that the days are just dragging until Mike's assignment night, graduation and the wedding. I felt anxious sending out the invitations because I was worried about last minute changes that Mike always seems to conveniently suggest at unacceptable times. When I told Mike I sent out the invites, he was like, "I know...I hope I can come." What does he mean he hopes he can come??? I don't care where the heck he is on October 18th, his butt will be there for the wedding. Anyway, I got so paranoid that I sent him a wedding invitation too, just to be safe. And I told him that he needed to RSVP to it, that way, I'd have it in writing that he was going to be there.

As far as the planning goes, sometimes I wish I had the money to hire a wedding planner. There's just SO many things to think about and you're never sure if they will all get done in time. I know I'm lucky that I don't have a job while doing wedding stuff, but at the same time, my budget is very limited with what I can do. I'm trying to be creative and am currently working on the program for our ceremony. Who knew that a full Catholic wedding program was so detailed?

Besides planning for the big day, I'm also trying to do my own version of "Bridal Bootcamp." Basically, I alternate days between cardio and strength training, giving my muscles a chance to rest in between days. I'm doing the best I can being that I'm pushing myself, but the results aren't as immediate as they would be if I had a trainer. No money in the budget for that! Tomorrow I am going to my first fitting so it will be good to see how I fit into my dress.

Later this week, I'm off to Alabama again to be with Mike for about three weeks. I am trying to convince Mike to get a dog from the local animal shelter while I'm there. He wants one as much as I do but we always hesistate if it's the right time to get one and back out. I'm hoping that I will get to pick my first "child" soon!


1 comment:

Emily said...

Good luck with the dress fitting...those can be stressful. That is a weird dream about your tooth. When I was pregnant with Madeleine, I had a re-occurring dream of a giant carrot with white gloves on that was dancing me and telling me that I could be orange too. Have fun in Alabama. Becky told me you were back in Jersey, and it would be nice to see you. However, Justin deployed, and I'm going to DC and then down to Georgia for a little over a month. Sorry to have missed you! Good luck with the rest of your planning!